It goes without saying that following an organic lifestyle is beneficial to both the physical and mental well-being of a person. Even rigorous scientific research has consistently shown that people who go organic tend to live longer and happier, compared to those who follow more conventional lifestyles. Here are some of the top reasons why choosing an organic lifestyle is a route everyone should seriously consider:
- The body is exposed to less toxins. The problem with a lot of food products today is that they’ve been exposed to chemicals, preservatives, and additives. These toxins can enter the body and cause all sorts of health problems.
- Better nutrition. Studies show that fruits and vegetables that have been raised organically are more nutritious, compared to the ones that have been raised in fertilizer-loaded farms. For instance, one study showed that organic veggies and fruits contain 27% more vitamin C, 21% more iron, and 29% more magnesium than those raised conventionally.
- Organic products are not that difficult to find. Health awareness has inspired a lot of farmers to switch to organic farming. Some even do it in a large scale. The point here is that organic fruits, vegetables, and meat products are readily available. In fact, it’s already possible to buy organic products online. This is because a lot of organic food stores have embraced e-commerce to market their products.
- It’s helpful to small and dedicated farmers. Majority of those planting and selling organic food are small farmers. This is because they don’t have the machinery nor the intention to scale from small farming to mass production. They deserve all the support they can get, because they are raising food that are less harmful to human beings.
- It’s good for the planet. Organic farming doesn’t utilize pesticides, chemicals, and artificial fertilizer. Therefore, it doesn’t release toxins to the environment the way large-scale farming does.
- Less chances of acquiring food-borne illnesses. This is in conjunction to some of the benefits already discussed above. A person who eats organic is less susceptible to illnesses, because he’s eating food that has fewer toxins and has more nutrients.
The biggest reason why many people tend to shy away from an organic lifestyle is that it can be daunting at times. For instance, the transition to eating an organic diet can be difficult if a person is used to eating conventional food. However, this initial difficulty goes away within months or even weeks as the body adapts to an organic diet. With that said, it’s just a matter of sticking to the lifestyle until the body gets used to it.Read More