Like many people, you’re probably eager to find ways to keep your skin youthful and healthy for as long as possible. Those who take a proactive approach to caring for their skin tend to fare much better than those who leave things to chance. Fortunately, you don’t have to devote huge amounts of time to your regimen to achieve excellent results. What really matters is maintaining your overall health and adhering to a healthy lifestyle. Also, using the right anti-aging products goes a long way toward keeping your skin looking healthy, vibrant and youthful.
Before delving into the best anti-aging serums and products, let’s quickly touch upon the basic, day-to-day things that you can do to keep your skin looking terrific. More than anything, shield it from UV rays. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher daily, and avoid direct sun exposure whenever possible. Get at least a little exercise every day, and make sure that you are getting quality sleep–and plenty of it–to maintain youthfulness. Moisture matters too, and staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water is another excellent way to ward off the signs of aging.
Top Anti-Aging Ingredients
Is it possible to find youth in a bottle? Well, that depends on which products you use. Finding the best eye cream or any other skincare products is largely about knowing which ingredients work and which don’t. As you put together the products that you will use as a part of your skincare regimen, then, make sure to keep your eyes peeled for these proven ingredients:
- Retinol – Retinol is prized for its ability to boost the productivity of various types of skin cells. Those cells also produce stronger, healthier cells, which improves the resiliency of the skin. Enhanced cell production also produces skin that is firmer and improves its texture. Further, retinol enhances the skin’s natural protective barrier.
- AHA/BHA – Alpha hydroxy and beta hydroxy acids, or AHAs and BHAs, are must-have additions to any skincare routine. They help bind moisture within the skin, preventing it from drying out. They also smooth the texture of the skin while improving overall cell production. If you suffer from rosacea, AHAs and BHAs work wonders on reducing redness.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is famous for its ability to protect cell membranes from oxidative damage due to harmful free radicals. It also protects existing collagen from damage.
- Green Tea – This powerful antioxidant builds cells, reduces cell damage and reduces inflammation. What’s not to love about that?
- Ceramides – Finally, ceramides, which are considered the glue that binds skin together, are excellent skincare ingredients. They not only protect and strengthen the skin, but they reduce the risk of sun damage and may even help reverse the signs of existing sun damage.
By implementing the above lifestyle tips and using skincare products featuring the ingredients highlighted above, you will be much more successful at holding off the effects of aging for many years to come.